Leather Shorts, Leather Pants and Leather Skirts
by Anna Villaruel
They're everywhere for Fall/Winter 2010-11. Pants, shorts or skirt, it doesn’t matter. Leather bottoms are hot this season. They’re not only for urban chicks –- if matched correctly (or any style you have if you wish) women with a classic clothing personality can really pull it off! They add an exciting new dimension to your style.
More info on products
Here’s how to achieve that edgy but ultra-chic look with a leather bottom:
- Avoid skimpy leather hotpants (unless you're a stripper or club dancer). Ugh, definitely not for us chic fashionistas.
- Camel or reddish-brown leather can be substituted with black.
- If your budget is tight, opt for wet-look or leather-look-a-like leggings.
- Stretch your style envelope with different styles of leather bottoms, such as visible zipper details, croc-like texture and high waist cut.
- Tone down on the rocker look by combining them with some of your classy-casual wardrobe pieces. Examples are: Knit sweater, white dress shirt, ruffle blouse.
- Try a chic and sumptuous edgy look by combining a black leather bottom with other black pieces but in different textures. Examples: black suede boots, black chiffon blouse (with a black camisole underneath) and black distressed leather handbag.
Not sure if it will suit your body type? Not sure what clothes to wear it with?
Click here to post comments
Return to Fall & Winter 2010-11 Fashion Trends.
More Shopping & Chic Inspiration at the TCF Blog:
Also check out the Style Makeover Shop!
Back to Top