"Fashion Advice, Style & Shopping Guide to
Womens Fashion Tops, Blouses & Tees"
Fashion tops are some of the womens clothing that can completely change the look and feel of a pair of jeans, dress pants or a skirt. They can create a fashion statement when worn alone with a bottom, or add visual interest when layered with a cardigan or pullover sweater.
Courtesy of ASOS
I love how tees, blouses, tunics and shirts can really transform your outfits. I see why many women can say that you can never have too many! However, you'd want to make sure that you only buy trendy tops that complement your closet and lifestyle, so that they won't go to waste!
Guide to Buying and Wearing Tops
Your body shape and even face shape come into play when buying tops.
So it's a matter of getting to know your personal style (body figure, face shape, colors and the whole nine yards). Some top styles look better on others, and some necklines (I really want to burn those crew necks!) flatter other women's top half better than yours. Other factors that are worth considering when you're buying fashion tops are: neckline, length and hem shape, sleeve shape and more.
In this Shopping & Style Guide to Womens Tops you'll discover fashion advice, tips, ideas and inspiration on:
- How to build a solid foundation of tops ad shirts that will work with your bottoms all-year-around for every occasion and season
- How to select a top that looks good on you
- What details to look for and avoid to help you strategically accentuate and de-emphasize parts you like and don't like
- The latest womens tops - shopping tips and recommendations
- How to wear and style different types of tops
Sounds good? Alright, let's take a closer look at the top-topics I'm covering:
Guides to Womens Fashion Tops
Looking for a specific top style, brand or topic? Search for it here:
Back to Top
How to Build a Solid Closet withTops
Whether you have a lot of money or you're on a low budget, if you want to get the most out of your money and wardrobe, I recommend that you secure the basic and timeless tops first, before adding the latest fashion trends.
These pieces can easily be accessorized into multiple outfits and are much flexible in creating various looks. Some top styles can be worn from day to night, going from casual to a dressy outfit - and are versatile for most occasions and events.
There are 3 types of fashion tops that you should secure to keep you covered all-year-around and those are:
Courtesy of Overstock
- 1. Casual tops: Basic tees for layering and simple cotton tops in solids with minimal details. They're great for everyday wear and can also be worn to many dressier occasions as long as you accessorize and match it right
- 2. Dressy tops: Dress shirts, blouses and tops with cute and dressy details. Essentials for dressier occasion, officewear and dinner parties. Or when you need to look cute and sophisticated at a birthday bash with relatives and perhaps a conservative grandmother, aunt or mother-in-low.
- 3. Party tops: Also known as clubwear are sexy and slightly daring. Secure them in styles that highlight your best assets such as fashionable party tops with a low'ish neckline, cut outs, open back, bust enhancing bustier, etc.
How to Buy Fashion Tops
I know from experience how wild it can get when shopping for tops. It's good for feeding your impulses but can hurt your wallet too. Buying tops that can only be worn once or twice, or are just simply difficult to mix and match are some of the frustrating things you have to face after the shopping spree honeymoon is over.
My best advice to you is to secure the wardrobe essentials first and then focus on tops that are basic in color (solids will do good too) and style, and then add the trendier ones after that. Simply put, you'll get the most out of your buck with versatile womens tops that can be easily be transformed into different outfit combinations just by switching the belts, scarves, bags and jewelry!
Click here to learn more about how to buy and style womens fashion tops
More Shopping & Chic Inspiration at the TCF Blog:
Also check out the Style Makeover Shop!
Back to Top
Leave Shopping & Style Guide to Womens Fashion Tops and Return to Homepage