Chic Finds SS 2012 - Tribal Delight
by Anna Villaruel
(Seoul, South Korea)
Aprl 26, 2012: Fashion is taking an exotic turn – perfect if you love bohemian fashion! This season’s tribal trend consists of bold, graphic prints combined with warm, earthy tones. Tribal prints are appearing on handbags, shoes and dresses, and yes, on jewelry too!
Check out the latest tribal print fashion additions this spring summer 2012:
Product info: 1. Bracelets/House of Harlow - 2. Purse/Big Buddha - 3. Flats/Report Denae
4. Wedge sandals/Vince Camuto - 5. Scarf/Charlotte Russe - 6. Bucket bag/Billabong
7. Strapless dress/Piperlime - 8. Shorts by 7 For All Mankind - 9. Dress/BLU MOON
How to wear tribal prints
- Scale is very important when it comes to prints in general, so make sure that the print size is similar to your body scale or the body area you’re planning on wearing it on. Small to medium for petites, medium to large for plus size and small-to-large for average body scales.
- Most tribal prints are strong and oversized so they look best when worn as your outfit’s focal point, by pairing them with solid or neutral-colored garments. To tone down on the loud print, look for simple clothes (shift dress, tees, etc.) and in a soft, draped fabric. You might also want to take the chic & sleek route with tribal prints in neutral shades such as white on beige, black on beige, etc.
- Invest in a piece that brings attention to your best assets. For example, if you have elegant hands and nails try a tribal bangle bracelet. Or if you want to highlight your legs look for tribal print sandals!
So what do you think about the tribal print trend? Boho-chic or too much?Additional fashion advice & outfit ideas:
More Shopping & Chic Inspiration at the TCF Blog:
Also check out the Style Makeover Shop!
Back to Top