"Cozy Up Your Style with Cardigans!"
Cardigan sweaters are fabulous for layering with your tops (and perhaps hide a bloated belly!) - multiplying your outfits and for dressing down a flashy outfit. You can find cardigans in all kinds of versatile and gorgeous styles - from cozy shawl cardigans (my favorite) to the cute cropped cardigan.
Open/button-down cardigans are some of the most flexible sweaters there is because they're easy to mix & match and create different looks. So that's why I highly recommend you to invest in at least 4-5 cardigan sweaters to complete your wardrobe and needs.
How to Buy Cardigan Sweaters
Secure versatile cardigan styles
First things first.
Make sure you have a couple of cardigans that will work with the rest of your wardrobe - color and style wise. So invest in the ones with versatile cardigans that don't grab too much attention. Like these:
1. Simple cotton - 2. Boyfriend cardigan - 3. Cozy knit - 4. Cropped - 5. Coat cardigan
1. A simple cotton cardigan is light and thin - which makes it excellent for easy layering over a tee, pretty dress - and can also be worn as a top tucked in your pants or skirt.
2. The boyfriend cardigan is casual and long - great for keeping yourself warm and stylish.
3. A knit cardigan for that effortless, vintagey look. We all need atleast 2-3 cozy a la grandpa cozy knit caridgan that we can dig our faces in during winter!
4. I also think we need one cropped cardigan for winter turning into spring, and summer-into-fall days. It gives you a rolled sleeve look for that chic and cool outfit.
5. And let's not forget a long and coat'ish cardigan - it makes a jeans & tee outfit look polished. And if I were you I would totally go the belted style!
Now these are the top 5 cardigan investments which every woman needs (well, there are exceptions if you live in the tropics). They are invaluable for your budget and style because they'll never go out of trend - they're also easy to throw on when you're in a hurry.
Dress your body shape
The key is to determine your body shape and select the right cut and length that complement it.
However there are several ways to make a not-recommended garment work for your proportions, which is explained in the Body Proportions-section.
Experiment with how you wear it
There are many chic ways to wear a cardigan. I personally like wearing it unbuttoned with a skinny belt wrapped around the waist for a feminine and drapey silhouette. But I can also take a basic lightweight cotton cropped cardigan, wear it as a full sweater and tuck it in with my black high waist trousers.
More fashion advice on Sweaters:
Back to Top
Shop Cardigans Sweaters Online
Shopping tip for international readers: Expensive worldwide shipping? US store doesn't ship to your country? Save up to 50% off retail price in your home country and gain access to the goodies. Try a mail forwarding service!
Back to Shopping-section
Back to Top
Go Back to Shopping & Style Guide to Womens Sweaters